Past Articles related to Horace Robinson
Read two articles previously published in Oregon Quarterly.
Theater arts professor emeritus Horace Robinson died at the age of ninety-nine in October in Eugene. He came to the UO in 1933 as a technical director and scene designer. In 1946 Robinson became the director of University Theatre (a position he held until 1970) and oversaw the construction in 1949 of the theater attached to Villard Hall. In addition to his on-campus work of teaching, directing, and serving as department head, Robinson led student theater productions on USO tours to entertain troops in places such as Japan, Korea, and the Philippines; served on many theater boards; was active in civic associations; and wrote a book on theater architecture. Upon his retirement in 1975 the University Theatre was renamed in his honor. He served as a consultant on the renovation and expansion of UO theater facilities completed last year.
The Perils of Little Mary Sunshine article from Autumn 2004 Oregon Quarterly
Smell of the Greasepaint, Roar of the Crowd article from Autumn 2007 Oregon Quarterly